The Notwist - Close To The Glass mp3 album
Title: Close To The Glass
Style: Indie Rock, Electro
Date of release: 2014
Size MP3: 1711 mb
Size FLAC: 1763 mb
Format: VOX DTS AC3 VOC WMA ADX FLAC
Close to the Glass is the seventh studio album by German electronic band The Notwist. It was released on February 24, 2014 under City Slang in Europe. It was released on February 25, 2014 under Sub Pop in the United States.
The Notwist's first full-length since 2008's The Devil, You + Me is their first for Sub Pop. On it, the German electronic band's identity feels increasingly cloudy. Initially things seemed promising for Close to the Glass. Releasing the title track with its detuned beats underpinned by familiarly fussy electronics and Acher subsumed somewhere in the middle of it all was a smart move, resembling the kind of dubbed-out pop structures Margaret Fielder was practicing with her band Laika circa their excellent Silver Apples of the Moon. Better still was the release of "Kong", which comes stamped through with a forthright guitar clang, irresistible organ drone, and Acher hitting some wavering high notes not dissimilar to J Mascis ' falsetto.
Produced by Oliver Zülch, Olaf Opal & The Notwist. Album Close to the Glass. 1. 3. Close to the Glass Lyrics. Don’t even think I’d bring my face Close to the glass Or some other place Don't even think (Backwards words) Now and again. Don’t even think You’ll ever know If you’re swimming in Or outside the bowl Don't even think Now and again. Don’t even think (bring my face) I’d bring my face Close to the glass (Other place) Or some other place (Again) Don't even think (Backwards words) Now and again.
Close To The Glass", the title track from the new Notwist album, out 24th February on City Slang in Europe, 25th February on Sub Pop in N. America, 12th February via Afterhours in Japan, and 21st February via Spunk in Australia.
Album by The Notwist. From One Wrong Place to the Next. The Fifth Quarter of the Globe. Run Run Run. Steppin' In. Lineri. MusicBrainz: Close to the Glass. this site: Close to the Glass.
The Notwist's Close to the Glass, their eighth album, is a catchy and unpredictable marriage of playing your heart out on an instrument and the magnetic pulse of precise programming. Now, in 2014, we find the Notwist following up 2007's The Devil, You + Me with their most adventurous record yet. Song Title.
Throughout Close to the Glass, The Notwist lets many sides of its sound peek out, as straightforward pop-rock melts together with the pulse of Krautrock until they become indistinguishable. But, like its most recent predecessors, the album never feels chilly, even when the band wanders through a nine-minute instrumental ("Lineri") late in the proceedings. Even then, no matter how many machines manipulate The Notwist's sound, they never drown out the human heartbeats at its center.
|2||Close To The Glass||2:58|
|4||Into Another Tune||3:57|
|6||From One Wrong Place To The Next||2:45|
|8||The Fifth Quarter Of The Globe||0:49|
|9||Run Run Run||5:05|
|12||They Follow Me||5:41|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – City Slang
- Copyright (c) – City Slang
- Mixed At – Alien Research Center
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Cello [Guest] – Jost Hecker
- Clarinet [Guest], Bass Clarinet [Guest] – Stefan Schreiber
- Composed By – M*, M*, M*
- Design, Artwork [Collage] – Brian Roettinger
- Double Bass [Guest] – Alex Haas
- Electronic Drums, Drums [Acoustic], Percussion, Vocals – Andi Haberl*
- Engineer [Live Sound] – Martin Schulze
- Guitar, Keyboards – Max Punktezahl
- Lighting [Lights] – Bertil Mark
- Management [Connecting The Dots] – Flo Steinleitner*
- Mixed By – O.L.A.F. Opal, The Notwist
- Percussion [Guest] – Saam Schlamminger
- Producer – O.L.A.F. Opal, Oliver Zülch, The Notwist
- Recorded By – Jörg Siegeler, O.L.A.F. Opal, Oliver Zülch, The Notwist, Willy Löster
- Vibraphone, Percussion – Karl Ivar Refseth
- Violin [Guest], Viola [Guest] – Emanuel Hahn, Evi Keglmaier
- Vocals [Guest] – Sandra Hüller
- Voice, Instruments – Markus Acher, Martin Gretschmann, Micha Acher
- Words By – Markus Acher
NotesIn full colour gatefold card sleeve including poster booklet.
℗&© 2014 City Slang.
Comes with OBI.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 941135 350645
|SLANG50059||The Notwist||Close To The Glass (CD, Album)||City Slang||SLANG50059||Germany||2014|
|URA449||The Notwist||Close To The Glass (CD, Album)||Spunk||URA449||Australia||2014|
|SLANG50059LP||The Notwist||Close To The Glass (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album)||City Slang||SLANG50059LP||Germany||2014|
|SLANG50059P||The Notwist||Close To The Glass (CD, Album, Promo)||City Slang||SLANG50059P||Europe||2014|
|SP1074||The Notwist||Close To The Glass (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album)||Sub Pop||SP1074||US||2014|