Dappled Cities - Granddance mp3 album
Style: Indie Rock
Date of release: 2006
Size MP3: 1558 mb
Size FLAC: 1136 mb
Format: MMF VOX DMF WAV MP3 VOC MPC
Dappled Cities (formerly "Dappled Cities Fly") are an indie rock band from Sydney, Australia. The band first came together as teenagers in the northern suburbs of Sydney in 1997. Dave Rennick and original drummer Hugh Boyce were joined by Alex Moore on bass and Tim Derricourt on guitar. Keyboards were added occasionally by Mark Bradshaw, and after 2006 more regularly by Ned Cooke.
After 2 years of ludicrously intense international touring and songwriting, Dappled Cities prepare for the release of their 3rd album, the art pop opus, Zounds
makes Granddance sound like someone slipped the Shins a massive dose of acid and a whole bunch of early Todd Rundgren and Split Enz LPs, then sent them into the studio. The songs are richly melodic to begin with, and then the elaborate production layers on a couple dozen ear-grabbing hooks per song on top of that, resulting in gloriously odd confections like "The Eve the Girl" and "Watercourse," and completely over the top extravaganzas like the pseudo-martial album closer, "Battlewon.
Dappled Cities:Granddance (2007). Album by Dappled Cities.
Fire Fire Fire, 03:48.
Granddance (CD, Album + CD, EP, Enh, Ltd). Granddance (CD, Album, Promo). Granddance (CD, Album).
Is Granddance the best album by Dappled Cities? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Dappled Cities- Granddance CD FREE SHIPPING Condition: Brand New. Time left: 7h 27m 30s. Ships to: Worldwide. Dappled Cities : Granddance CD Condition: Very Good. Time left: 3d 12h 13m 22s. DAPPLED CITIES - Granddance - Japan CD+4BONUS - NEW Condition: Brand New. Time left: 8d 5h 56m.
Dappled Cities- alternately known as Dappled Cities Fly- have hopped stateside with the release of their second album, and it's a record that doesn't skimp on the grand gesture, opening with its most bluntly dramatic track. The song is even called "Holy Chord", and it's a swelling, shimmering thing that announces the album with clipped verses that build up to a huge, grandiose falsetto hook. Aside from merely writing them, they know how to inhabit songs and make them breathe.
Granddance is the second album by Australian band Dappled Cities Fly, released in 2006. Guests on the album include Mark Bradshaw on keyboards and Bjorn Baillie (La Rocca), Peter Walker, and Jim Fairchild on vocals.
|2||Work It Out||3:35|
|3||Fire Fire Fire||3:48|
|7||The Eve The Girl||4:02|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Dangerbird Records
- Copyright (c) – Dangerbird Records
- Licensed To – Speak & Spell Touring Pty Ltd
- Manufactured By – Speak & Spell Touring Pty Ltd
- Distributed By – Speak & Spell Touring Pty Ltd
- Mixed By – Jacquire King
- Other [A & R] – Jeff Castalez
- Other [A D A Distribution] – Marc Silverman
- Other [Bankrobber - Film And Tv Licensing] – Lyle Hysen
- Other [Big Shot Touring - Booking] – Paul Buck
- Other [Commercial Licensing] – Sarah Gavigan
- Other [Cornerstone - College Radio] – Erin Chandler
- Other [Cornerstone - Specialty Radio] – Chip Adams
- Other [Dangerbird Marketing] – Matt Solodky
- Other [Filter - Lifestyle Marketing] – Alan Sartirana
- Other [Filter - Web Marketing] – Penny Hewson
- Other [Flea Marketing - Retail Marketing] – Jo Lenardi
- Other [Hub Management] – Troy Barrott
- Other [Nice Promotion - Dangerbird Radio] – Steve Nice
- Other [Rossmosis - Retail Sales] – Donna Ross
- Other [Tag Team Pr - Press] – Brendan Bourke
- Other [Videostatic - Video Promo] – Steve Gottlieb
- Producer – Jim Fairchild, Peter Walker
Exclusively licensed in Australia and New Zealand to Speak & Spell Touring Pty Ltd.
Made in Australia
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0602517139848
|SNSCD0019||Dappled Cities*||Granddance (CD, Album + CD, EP, Enh, Ltd)||Speak N Spell||SNSCD0019||Australia||2006|
|HJ-CF 17||Dappled Cities*||Granddance (CD, Album, S/Edition)||Kurofune Records||HJ-CF 17||Japan||2008|
|DGB017||Dappled Cities*||Granddance (CD, Album, Promo)||Dangerbird Records||DGB017||US||2007|
|DGB 017||Dappled Cities*||Granddance (CD, Album)||Dangerbird Records||DGB 017||US||2007|