Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age Of Wireless mp3 album
Title: The Golden Age Of Wireless
Size MP3: 1361 mb
Size FLAC: 1307 mb
Format: MP2 WAV MP1 MOD FLAC XM MP4
The Golden Age of Wireless is the debut album by Thomas Dolby. Released in 1982, the album contains the pop hit "She Blinded Me with Science" in its later resequencings (see below). Following the album's overall theme of radio are the songs "Airwaves", "Commercial Breakup", and "Radio Silence," along with songs about the modern world ("Windpower", "Flying North", "Europa and the Pirate Twins").
1982 except track 6 Ⓡ 1981. 1982 except track 6 ℗ 1981.
Album · 1982 · 10 Songs. 1982 The Echo Label Limited, a BMG Company trading as ECHO. More By Thomas Dolby. See All. A Map of the Floating City.
Talk to anyone who was the right age in the early '80s for both pop radio and the dawn of MTV, and "She Blinded Me with Science" will inevitably come up. The most famous song from the reissued version of the album, it's a defiantly quirky, strange number that mixes its pop hooks with unusual keyboard melodies pitched very low and a recurrent spoken word interjection ("Science!") from guest vocalist/video star Magnus Pike.
Pedestrian Walkway Lyrics. About The Golden Age of Wireless. The Golden Age of Wireless is a 1982 album by synthpop pioneer Thomas Dolby. The album is notable for containing the pop hit She Blinded Me with Science in its later resequencings. Following the album’s overall theme of radio are the songs Airwaves, Commercial Breakup and Radio Silence, along with songs about the modern world ( Windpower, Flying North, Europa and the Pirate Twins ).
I had not realized that there were several version of 'The Golden Age of Wireless'. I had a copy I purchased in a pawn shop 25 years ago. That version came along after 'She Blinded Me With Science' became a hit, and it was the first song on the album.
Listen free to Thomas Dolby – The Golden Age Of Wireless (Europa And The Pirate Twins, Flying North and more). Talk to anyone who was the right age in the early '80s for both pop radio and the dawn of MTV, and "She Blinded Me with Science" will inevitably come up.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||She Blinded Me With Science
Violin – Simon HouseVoice [Voiceover] – Dr. M. Pyke
Percussion [Backwards] – Justin Hildreth
Vocals [Monks] – Bruce Woolley, Dave Birch, TMDR*
|6||Europa And The Pirate Twins
Harmonica – Andy PartridgePercussion [Electronic] – TMDR*
Brass [Leadline], Flute – Simon LloydVoice [Shipping Forecast] – John Marsh
|9||One Of Our Submarines||5:13|
|10||Cloudburst At Shingle Street
Vocals [Operatics] – Lene Lovich, Les Chappell
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Swindon
- Pressed By – Mediamotion
- Backing Vocals – Akiko Yono* (tracks: 2), Bruce Woolley (tracks: 3), James Allen (tracks: 5, 10), Judy Evans (tracks: 5, 10), Kevin Armstrong (tracks: 9), Lene Lovich (tracks: 5), Les Chappell (tracks: 5, 6), Lesley Fairbairn (tracks: 4, 5, 10), Miriam Stockley (tracks: 1), Mutt Lange* (tracks: 1), TMDR* (tracks: 3 to 6, 8, 10)
- Bass – Mark Heyward-Chaplin (tracks: 3, 5, 6, 8, 10)
- Computer [Wave] – TMDR* (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 7, 9, 10)
- Cover – Andrew Douglas, Thomas Dolby
- Drum Programming – TMDR* (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 7, 9)
- Drums – Justin Hildreth (tracks: 5, 6, 8, 10)
- Guitar – Dave Birch (tracks: 4), Kevin Armstrong (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8 to 10)
- Layout – Bill Smith
- Lyrics By – Thomas Dolby, Jo Kerr* (tracks: 1)
- Music By – Thomas Dolby, Tim Kerr (tracks: 8)
- Piano – TMDR* (tracks: 3 to 5, 10)
- Producer – Thomas Morgan Dolby Robertson*, Tim Friese-Green* (tracks: 1, 9)
- Synthesizer – Daniel Miller (tracks: 2), TMDR* (tracks: 3, 5, 6, 8)
- Synthesizer [Moog Bass] – Matthew Seligman (tracks: 1, 9)
NotesDifferent tracklisting/sequence than the original vinyl release. For this version, "The Wreck Of The Fairchild" was dropped and "She Blinded Me With Science" & "One Of Our Submarines" were added.
Manufactured in West Germany on CD back inlay.
Made in EU on disc.
8-page lyrics song sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 77774 60092 7
- Matrix / Runout: 746009 2 . 3 EMI SWINDON
- Matrix / Runout (Mould Pressing Code): 010202-NL
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L041
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI AAHT1
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI AAHP6
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
|VIP1001, OC 062-07 607||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (LP, Album)||Venice In Peril Records, Venice In Peril Records||VIP1001, OC 062-07 607||UK||1982|
|4XT-12271, 4XT 12271||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (Cass, Album, Whi)||Capitol Records, Capitol Records||4XT-12271, 4XT 12271||Canada||1983|
|C054 1077821||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (LP, Album)||Venice In Peril Records||C054 1077821||Netherlands||1982|
|50999 2 67915 2 4, 2679 152||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (CD, Album, RE, RM + DVD-V, NTSC)||EMI, EMI||50999 2 67915 2 4, 2679 152||UK & Europe||2009|
|ST-12271||Thomas Dolby||The Golden Age Of Wireless (LP, Album, Promo, RE)||Capitol Records||ST-12271||US||1983|