Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality mp3 album
Title: Architecture & Morality
Date of release: 1981
Size MP3: 1771 mb
Size FLAC: 1863 mb
Format: DTS AC3 AAC MMF VOC ASF APE
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) are an English electronic band formed in Wirral, Merseyside in 1978. Spawned by earlier group The Id, the outfit is composed of co-founders Andy McCluskey (vocals, bass guitar) and Paul Humphreys (keyboards, vocals), along with Martin Cooper (various instruments) and Stuart Kershaw (drums); McCluskey is the only constant member
If there was a clear high point for OMD in terms of balancing relentless experimentation and seemingly unstoppable mainstream success in the . Architecture & Morality is it. Again combining everything from design and presentation to even the title into an overall artistic effort, this album showed that OMD was arguably the first Liverpool band since the later Beatles to make such a sweeping, all-bases-covered achievement - more so because OMD owed nothing to the Fab Four. All it takes is a consideration of the three smash singles from the album to see the group in full flower.
OMD made a quick return to form, however, on their third album, 1981's Architecture & Morality. Shaking off the dread of their music engaging with the public while simultaneously weathering critical scrutiny, OMD shows a greater facility for pop melody, crafting songs of aching fragility rather than off-putting gloom.
The artist just dropped his latest collection Architecture & Morality – and we have it here for you to check out! Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's new collection includes 16 tracks on 1 disc(s) with total runtime of 01:00:49
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (album). Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the self-titled debut album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, released in 1980. It peaked at number 27 in the UK Albums Chart. Electricity" and "Red Frame/White Light" were low charting singles taken from the record.
Architecture & Morality - Студийный альбом от Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. Вышел 6 ноября 1981г. В альбом вошло 37 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 02:19:26. 12. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. Joan of Arc (live Top of the Pops – version 29/10/81). 13. Souvenir (extended). 14. Gravity Never Failed. 15. 16. The Beginning and the End. 03:48. 17. The Romance of the Telescope.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The New Stone Age||3:18|
Tape [Choral Tapes] – David Hughes
|B1||Joan Of Arc||3:46|
|B2||Joan Of Arc (Maid Of Orleans)||4:11|
|B3||Architecture & Morality||3:37|
|B5||The Beginning & The End||3:44|
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Design – Brett Wickens, Peter Saville
- Drums, Electronic Drums [Electronic Percussion], Percussion [Acoustic], Synthesizer [Bass Synthesizer] – Malcolm Holmes
- Engineer – Howard Gray, Richard Manwaring
- Engineer [Mix] – Brian Tench
- Photography [Architectural] – Robin Roddey
- Producer – Mike Howlett (tracks: A3), OMD*, Richard Manwaring (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B5)
- Saxophone – Martin Cooper
- Synthesizer, Mellotron, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Drum Programming [Rhythm Programming], Electronic Drums [Electronic Percussion], Percussion [Acoustic], Horns [Reed], Organ, Vocals – Andy McCluskey
- Synthesizer, Piano, Mellotron, Electronic Drums [Electronic Percussion], Percussion [Acoustic], Organ, Drum Programming [Rhythm Programming], Performer [Radios], Melodica, Vocals – Paul Humphreys
- Synthesizer, Piano, Organ [Electronic] – Michael Douglas
NotesIssued with Custom Printed Inner-Sleeve with Credits + Photos.
Pre-recorded at The Gramophone Suite, Liverpool. Recorded at the Manor. Mixed at Mayfair Studios.
Title suggested by M. Ladly from a book by David Watkin.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7464-37721-1
- Barcode (scan): 074643772112
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout, Etched [Variant 1]): P AL 37721-1A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout, Etched [Variant 1]): P BL 37721-1B
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Stamp [Variant 2]): 0 P AL 37721-1B
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch [Variant 2]): P BL 37721 - 1AD
- Matrix / Runout (Side A and Side B, Stamped [Variant 1, 2]): COLUMBIA NY
|DID12, Did 12||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (LP, Album, Yel)||Dindisc, Dindisc||DID12, Did 12||UK||1981|
|DIDCD 12||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (CD, Album)||Dindisc||DIDCD 12||UK||1983|
|none||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (Box + CD)||EMI Music Greece||none||Greece||2007|
|ARE 37721||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (LP, Album, Ter)||Epic||ARE 37721||US||1981|
|72435-82750-2-5||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (CD, Album, RM)||Virgin||72435-82750-2-5||US||2003|