Neil Finn - One Nil mp3 album
Title: One Nil
Style: Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Soft Rock
Date of release: 2001
Size MP3: 1687 mb
Size FLAC: 1986 mb
Format: AHX MPC DTS MP2 XM AA MMF
One Nil, released in 2001, is the second solo album by New Zealand singer-songwriter, Neil Finn. When released in the United States the following year, the album had a slightly different track listing and was issued under the name One All. Following the release of his debut solo effort Try Whistling This in 1998, singer-songwriter Neil Finn followed up by releasing the less adventurous album One Nil in 2001.
Album One Nil (2001). Labels Parlophone, EMI. Written-By. Wendy Melvoin, Tchad Blake. Sheryl Crow, Sharon Finn.
Harmonium – Neil Finn (tracks: 10). Keyboards – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 4). Mastered By – Bob Ludwig. Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Tchad Blake. Producer, Vocals, Written-By, Cover – Neil Finn. Shaker – Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 10). Strings – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 7), Neil Finn (tracks: 12). Ukulele – Jim Moginie (tracks: 1). Vibraphone – Neil Finn (tracks: 7). Violin – Lisa Germano (tracks: 4, 5, 9). Vocals – Sharon Finn (tracks: 7), Sheryl Crow (tracks: 8, 11).
The Climber Neil Finn. Beside me now are strangers to my eyes They might be getting crazy, might be wise Were stranded either way in such a lonely place I’m looking out for you among the flies That wait in line for days on end And nights so cold and always so intense. I try to reach the top most every day In hope I turn my face up to the sky The cover hangs so low, I see no sign of life Nothing springs to mind Among the flies that wait in line For days on end and nights so cold, always so intense
Neil Finn has again delivered a masterpiece in One Nil. Each of the songs on the album is complex and beautiful, featuring subtle melodies that reveal themselves upon each listening. Finn's solo work is perhaps better than his Split Enz and Crowded House days: his music has become more refined; the songs are packed with more emotional depth and it can be stated unequivocally that now, in his solo career, each one of his songs are more unique and distinctive in their vocal and instrumental content
One Nil. By: Neil Finn (2001, Rock). More albums from Neil Finn: One All by Neil Finn. Out Of Silence by Neil Finn. Dizzy Heights by Neil Finn. View all albums . One Nil. 2. Rest Of The Day Off.
In retrospect, Try Whistling This, Neil Finn's solo debut, seems like a conscious effort to distance himself from Crowded House. Filled with studio trickery, distorted microphones, and trendy vague trip-hop beats, the album was a deliberate move to establish himself as a separate, more adventurous entity from Crowded House - yet one that remained a gifted, melodic songwriter. This is all put into sharp relief by his second solo album, One Nil, a record that finds him returning to solid ground, delivering his most straightforward album since Crowded House's Woodface
one nil. The Climber. Avengers: Endgame’ Provides a Roadmap for Healing from Psychological Trauma Fandom.
|2||Rest Of The Day Off||3:50|
|3||Hole In The Ice||4:11|
|4||Wherever You Are||4:46|
|5||Last To Know||3:03|
|6||Don't Ask Why||3:54|
|8||Turn And Run||3:46|
|11||Driving Me Mad||3:58|
|12||Into The Sunset||4:13|
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Girl Brothers Music
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Recorded At – Roundhead Studios
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound Factory
- Recorded At – Revolver Studios
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound Factory
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – EMI UK
- Accordion – Sheryl Crow (tracks: 12)
- Artwork, Design [@ Brother Charlie] – Chris Mousdale, Rakai Karaitiana
- Backing Vocals – Edmund McWilliams (tracks: 6), Liam Finn (tracks: 3), Lisa Coleman (tracks: 7), Sharon Finn (tracks: 4, 5, 7), Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 7)
- Bass – Neil Finn (tracks: 11), Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 3 to 12)
- Bass [High] – Neil Finn (tracks: 2)
- Bass [Low] – Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 2)
- Celesta [Celeste] – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 12)
- Chamberlin – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 7)
- Chorus [Climber] – Doyle* (tracks: 1), Lisa Germano (tracks: 1), Suzanna Melvoin* (tracks: 1), Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 1)
- Drum Programming – Sam Gibson (tracks: 11)
- Drums – JJ Johnson* (tracks: 3), Jim Keltner (tracks: 5, 8, 9, 11), Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12)
- Engineer [Additional] – Sam Gibson
- Engineer [Assistant] – Adam Samuels, Dave McDougall, Joe Cook , Neil Baldock
- Engineer, Mixed By – Tchad Blake
- Groovebox – Tchad Blake (tracks: 2)
- Guitar – Jim Moginie (tracks: 3), Neil Finn (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7 to 12), Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 7, 10)
- Guitar [E-Bow Fuzz] – Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 1)
- Guitar [Fuzz] – Jim Moginie (tracks: 6)
- Guitar Synthesizer – Neil Finn (tracks: 2)
- Harmonium – Neil Finn (tracks: 10)
- Keyboards – Lisa Coleman (tracks: 3), Mitchell Froom (tracks: 4)
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Organ [Hammond] – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 5, 8, 11)
- Organ [Penny Owsley] – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 2)
- Organ [Wurlitzer] – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 9, 10)
- Percussion – Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 4, 7, 11, 12)
- Photography By – Mark Smith
- Piano – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 10), Neil Finn (tracks: 2, 12)
- Piano [Wurlitzer] – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 8), Neil Finn (tracks: 6)
- Producer – Mitchell Froom (tracks: 4), Neil Finn, Tchad Blake
- Programmed By – Sam Gibson (tracks: 12)
- Shaker – Wendy Melvoin (tracks: 10)
- Strings [Chamberlain] – Neil Finn (tracks: 12)
- Ukulele – Jim Moginie (tracks: 1)
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Neil Finn (tracks: 7)
- Violin – Lisa Germano (tracks: 4, 5, 9)
- Vocals – Neil Finn, Sheryl Crow (tracks: 8, 11)
- Written-By – L. Coleman* (tracks: 3), N. Finn*, T. Blake* (tracks: 2), W. Melvoin* (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 7)
NotesFold out digipak case with booklet.
℗ 2001 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd.
© 2001 EMI Records Ltd.
Case: Printed in the EU
Disc: Made in the EU
Neil Finn - EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Lisa Coleman - Girl Bros Music
Wendy Melvoin - Girl Bros Music/Chrysalis Music Ltd.
Tchad Blake - Copyright Control
Recorded at Roundhead Studios, Auckland and Sunset Sound Factory, Los Angeles between June and December 1999. 'Hole In The Ice' recorded at Revolver Studios June 2000.
Cover image from Neil Finn's archives.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24353 26962 3
- Barcode (String): 724353269623
- Matrix / Runout: 5320392 . 1:1:10 EMI UK
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L042
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1420
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0299
- Other (Distribution Code): F: PM 806
|7243 5 32112 2 6, 5321122||Neil Finn||One Nil (CD, Album, Dig)||EMI, EMI, Parlophone, Parlophone||7243 5 32112 2 6, 5321122||Australia||2001|
|none||Neil Finn||One Nil (CDr, Album, Promo)||Parlophone||none||UK||2001|
|7243 5 326962 4||Neil Finn||One Nil (CD, Album)||Parlophone||7243 5 326962 4||Europe||2001|
|532 0392, 7243 532039 2 4||Neil Finn||One Nil (CD, Album, Jew)||Parlophone, EMI||532 0392, 7243 532039 2 4||UK||2001|
|CDEMCJ (WI) 5916||Neil Finn||One Nil (CD, Album)||Parlophone||CDEMCJ (WI) 5916||South Africa||2001|