Pedro The Lion - Phoenix mp3 album
Style: Indie Rock, Emo
Date of release: 2019
Size MP3: 1836 mb
Size FLAC: 1597 mb
Format: AAC WAV MPC MP3 RA DXD VOX
Phoenix is the first Pedro the Lion album since the band’s breakup in 2006. David Bazan reformed the band in 2018. The title refers to Bazan’s hometown of Phoenix, AZ, where he grew up, as well as the phoenix as a mythical animal. Just like a phoenix dies and is reborn from its own ashes, Pedro the Lion had ended in 2006 but was reborn when the band re-formed in 2018. More Pedro The Lion albums.
His two band mates this time, Erik Walters of Globe and Silver Torches plus NW session drummer Sean Lane (who has played with Bazan solo and Silver Torches and many other artists), have never been associated with Pedro the Lion before.
In June 2018, with Bazan on bass, vocals, and arrangement writing, Erik Walters on guitar and backing vocals, and Sean Lane on drums, Pedro the Lion went into Studio X and Hall of Justice with producer Andy Park to create Phoenix, the first new Pedro album in 15 years
Pedro the Lion's David Bazan Talks How Tom Petty, Emotional Literacy and Gallows Humor Influenced New Album 'Phoenix'. 1/18/2019 by Saby Reyes-Kulkarni.
Turns out it was just a long break: Bazan revived the band in 2017 and now Pedro the Lion is back with Phoenix, the singer’s first new album as Pedro in 15 years. Like the group’s earlier work, a theme runs through Phoenix. Arizona is where Bazan grew up, and where he discovered during a stop-over in 2016 that while our memories of a time and place stay frozen in our minds, the place itself continues to change and evolve.
Pedro the Lion felt forever on the verge of a real breakthrough. Then, in 2005, Bazan scrapped Pedro the Lion to spend the next 14 years releasing records under his own name. Bazan sings better than he ever has on Phoenix, his voice round and worn with intricacy from years of use, like a hiking stick toted in the same hand for a thousand miles.
|B5||Tracing The Grid||3:15|
|C3||All Seeing Eye||2:43|
|C4||Leaving The Valley||6:09|
- Recorded At – Studio X
- Recorded At – The Hall Of Justice
- Mixed At – The Crumb
- Copyright (c) – Polyvinyl Record Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polyvinyl Record Company
- Distributed By – Polyvinyl Record Company
- Exclusive Retailer – Polyvinyl Record Company
- Art Direction – Jesse LeDoux
- Booking [Paradigm] – Trey Many
- Drums – Sean Lane
- Electric Guitar – Erik Walters
- Engineer [Assistant] – Sam Rosson*
- Legal – Richard Grabel
- Management [Undertow] – Bob Andrews
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By [Studio] – Ryan Russell
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Andy D. Park*
- Producer, Written-By, Arranged By, Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Electric Guitar [Additional], Synth, Photography By [Cover], Mixed By – David Bazan
NotesDeluxe gatefold jacket. Includes lyric insert and digital download card.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed On Jacket): 6 44110 03701 5
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, Stamped): 182157E1/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, Stamped): 182157E2/A
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, Stamped): 182157E3/A
|PRC-370||Pedro The Lion||Phoenix (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album, Ltd, Sea)||Polyvinyl Record Company||PRC-370||US||2019|
|PRC-370||Pedro The Lion||Phoenix (CD, Album)||Polyvinyl Record Company||PRC-370||US||2019|
|BSM244V||Pedro The Lion||Phoenix (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album, Ltd, Yel)||Big Scary Monsters||BSM244V||UK||2019|
|BSM244CD||Pedro The Lion||Phoenix (CD, Dig)||Big Scary Monsters||BSM244CD||UK||2019|
|PRC-370||Pedro The Lion||Phoenix (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album, Sea)||Polyvinyl Record Company||PRC-370||US||2019|